MRES Attendance Form
Marshall Road Attendance Policies and Procedures
School begins promptly at 9:20 a.m. and ends at 4:05 p.m.
Ensuring our students are given every opportunity to be successful is a key component of Marshall Road’s mission; thus, attendance and timeliness are of utmost importance. Parents should make every effort to ensure students are prompt and present, Students should make every effort to be prompt and present, so each one of our students can reach his/her fullest potential.
Absent from School:
- Submit the Online Attendance Form, call 703-937-1515 (Attendance Message Line), or email MarshallRoadESAttendance@fcps.edu on the morning of the absence.
- Provide student’s name, your relationship to the student, date/time, and reason for absence.
- If students will be absent for more than one day, a call or email must be made each day.
Pre- Arranged Absences:
- Call 703-937-1515 (Attendance Message Line) or email MarshallRoadESAttendance@fcps.edu in advance of your child’s planned absence.
- Provide name, caller’s name/relationship to student, date/time, duration, and reason.
- It is not necessary to call in everyday for a pre-arranged absence.
Late to School:
- Students arriving late to school must report directly to the main office.
- An excused tardy is given for illness with a note, a prior phone call or email from a parent/guardian, a medical/dental appointment, late school bus, or family emergency.
- An unexcused tardy is given for a missed bus, heavy traffic, oversleeping, or a reason which is unconfirmed by parent/guardian.
Early Release from School:
- When it is necessary for a student to leave school before regular dismissal time, parents should send a signed note or send an email to MarshallRoadESAttendance@fcps.edu designating the desired time of departure. You may also email the teacher in addition to the attendance email. Please do this before 10:00 a.m. the day of the early release.
- Parents must come into the main office to sign out their child. Students must check back in at the main office upon their return.
Tardy to Class:
- Students are to be in their classrooms/seats when the bell rings to begin the class period. Habitual or excessive tardiness may result in a phone call or letter from the administration.
- When it is necessary for a student to leave school a different route than what is his/her regular routine, parents should send a signed note or send an email to MarshallRoadESAttendance@fcps.edu designating the dismissal change for that particular day. If a student is going home with another student, both families need to confirm the dismissal change before a student will be released to go home with another family/student.
- Notification for a dismissal changes should occur no later than 12:00 p.m. the day of the dismissal change.